"MY Fake Baby"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by monarc23, Mar 5, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Theres a show coming on next on BBC channel called "My fake Baby" the subject says "adult women who collect and caref or shockingly lifelike baby dolls" I'm interested enough to tune in....LOL! Anyone else? [​IMG]

2. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    I thought the last thread I was on was nutty.........! YIKES.

3. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    its freaky already....LOL

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    They had a show about it on TLC, it was quite Bizzare. It is one thing to collect Dolls, but these women took them out in Public! Very Odd!

5. mahen8622

mahen8622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    yeah i heard about this and wanted to see it lol they have some wild shows on bbc i know there was one about adult men that had life like life size dolls that were basically expensive barbie-esk blow up dolls it was REALLLY creepy

6. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    They did a Dateline (or was it 20/20?) segment about this a few weeks ago. It just made me sad for some of the women who were obsessed with these dolls, because they obviously wanted something so badly that they were willing to just ignore reality and escape completely into a fantasy world. I kept thinking how their energy could've been spent in any number of child advocacy activities, benefiting REAL children. Some of them even had children, but the addiction was to newborn babies, hence the dolls.

8. mahen8622

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    EWWW THATS SCAREY!
    i am 23 and infertile there is no one other than my DH and i that want children more than us but im not about to go get some fake weird DOLL to fill that void lol

9. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:I'm almost 25 and want a baby so badly, I have endometriosis but that didnt stop my mom from having two woopsie babies (me and then my brother lol). However I cant even try to have a child right now becuase of $. We just tried to get our first home, and the day before we went to view a home we really wanted, my husband got 12+ hours omitted from his weekely hours.. (friday), so we had to cancel everything so here we stay living with and renting from my parents....and I still wouldnt do what they do with these babies. What I'd love is a life like looking cat. Always thought it would be awesome to make one to freak out the cats [​IMG]

10. mahen8622

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    lol be careful you get one of those and you might be on bbc lol that reminds me of the stuffed cats hte grandmother had on the movie Hope Floats lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by