My family are the best enablers! IBW soon!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kristina, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    So almost three weeks ago (wohoo almost hatch time) I was looking at some eggs since I decided I was going to raise showgirls and silkies. I finally made my final decision on a breed after almost a year of keeping a mixed flock...I was gonna make a big egg purchase since usually I am very cheap! Well I had put the eggs on my mom's ebay watch list and my husbands ebay watch list. They both thought that was a hint since it was a week before my birthday. Well hubby and my mom went WAY up on the bidding....AGAINST EACH OTHER!!! Never realzing it was them bidding against each other LOL. That was ok though they laughed about it. Well I had bid on some eggbid eggs and was gonna let the ebay eggs go. I won those too! So I had 38 eggs come in and have 26 goinginto the hatcher tonight. Well hubby really likes the Exchequer leghorns so I bought him those and the guy sent two dozen...18 are developing nicely! Then he bought me some other eggs and 9 of that dozen are developing! Well that is all great! BUT...............
    Sunday night my mom bought me 12+ silkie eggs at a premium price bless her heart! Then she bought me a 6 showgirl eggs....then she bought me 10+ frizzle eggs!! And the kicker.....my hubby bid on two emu eggs!!! Where the heck will I put all these future chicks! But I am sooooo not complaining on this one! I can't wait to see all the fuzzy butts!!!

Oh and sorry this isso long butIhad to share the story!!

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Can I move in!! LOL. I wish my family was like that. My mom dont want anymore chickens. But she said nothing about ducks [​IMG]

3. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Im your new adopted daughter, it's final im
    moving in with you! [​IMG] YOUR SO LUCKY!

4. joanc

joanc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2007
    Shafer, MN
    The more the merrier!
    My DH has been "complaining" to everybody about all the time I spend with the chickies (it was initially his idea to get them), then last week we had some new egg customers and he told me " we need to get more chickens" because our demand is larger than our supply.
    We are planning on building a new coop, bigger than our current one, and getting more babies this spring. Yay...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I didn't tell him I started my chicken wish list last November. [​IMG]

5. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Well the hatching gods must be blessing me! LOL I just got a box in the mail with 8 eggs! I don't know what they are or who they came from! I have an idea and once I found out I'll let ya'll know!!!

[​IMG] <------- me for at least the next month or so!!!!

6. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Well the mystery box is some Crele american long tailed fowl! Woohoooo!!! And I moved 25 showgirl/silkie eggs to the hatcher!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by