My family has been so blessed... Our new Tennessee home *PIC HEAVY*

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by 17roses, Apr 24, 2009.

1. 17roses

17roses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Greene County, TN
    A little background... My husband and I purchased a small home in Portland Oregon about 6 years ago. My husband and I both worked full time on opposite shifts to make ends meet and make sure our son was cared for. As my son grew up a little we decided that we didnt want to raise him in the city and I have always wanted to have a mini-farm. After living in a packed up house for a year, we were able to sell it. We packed up our things and animals and headed across the country to settle here in Tennessee. (We had never even been here before we moved here.) For the last 6 months, we have lived in a very small single wide on a hill with half of our stuff in storage. So for the last year in a half we have been living in limbo.

God has blessed us greatly and things have come together better than I could have imagined. A few months ago my husband found a fantastic job making good money. I have been able to be a stay at home mom. And to top it all off, we have been guided to a house that is not only big enough to have a small farm, but big enough to add to our family with children if we wish. The price was fantastic and our monthly morgage payment is 1/3 or what we were paying in Oregon. Our 4 bedroom 2 bath manufactured home on 3 acres is a dream come true. I have spent most of my adult life working for the future and I finally get to live for today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will update it with new pics as we make it our own with furniture, fencing, coop, ect...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  2. CrimsonRose

CrimsonRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Woo Hoo congrats!!! Beautiful view!

We are in a similar situation... Our house is all packed up but we will get our new home hopefully by the end of may! Can't wait!!!

3. I LOVE COCHINS

I LOVE COCHINS ChochieChochieCoo

Feb 10, 2008
    Wooo [​IMG] Hoooo!!! Congrats!! What an awesome place to raise you little boy/ family!

4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    How exciting for you and your family!! Congratulations on the dream come true! [​IMG]

5. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Your place is beautiful. Every time I go out into my yard I feel so blessed by God. I love my house and I am so glad you are happy with your move. Congratulations on your new home and land!

6. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats!!! It looks like a beautiful place! I am so glad you found a permanent place where you can do all the things that you want to do! I can't imagine living with stuff packed for a year and a half! I'm sure it was worth it, though! [​IMG]

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Dreams really do come true. It can happen to you. [​IMG] Congrats!

8. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

You are living my dream! A home on land in Tennessee! May God bless you, more and more!

9. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    THats awesome. I was in a similar way. Had to move out of a half a double house, knew we wanted to buy next and tired of moving. I put a ton of stuff in storage and moved into a 2 bedroom, 3rd floor apartment for 7 months till we bought my grandparents house and 2 acres. I was a 49 acre farm, the only person interested in it didnt want the house only the fields, so it worked out for me. Its great when it all works out. Looks nice and waiting for chickens.

10. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    I'm sooooooooooooooo jealous. I lived in TN as a teen and honestly think it's heaven on earth!

Congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by