My family has been so blessed... Our new Tennessee home *PIC HEAVY*

Welcome to Tennessee.
smile.png

Congrats on being able to live your dream. It's a wonderful feeling and an amazing gift!

Aileen

Quote:
Thank you so much Dawn! Your place reminds me of the the house I begin growing up in. I loved it and it is what started my desire to have some space and land and raise my child(ren) in the country. I was devastated when we moved to town. I applaud your commitment to homesteading. I read about how the house was when you purchased it and I wish I had your courage and energy. I have only ever lived in Oregon before this and I many friends and family thought I was crazy to start over in a new kind of life. I have gone from a Administrative Assistant city girl to a stay at home mom mini farm owner (Well, not yet, still working on it).

Quote:
barnie.gif
Must build coop faster so I can fill it with too many chickens so I can build another coop.
lau.gif

Quote:
Thank you! I feel so good about this that I feel a little guilty.
lol.png
I do feel like I am dreaming. Late the other night the lightning was flashing across the sky but the storm was too far away for me to hear the thunder and the fireflies made the yard look like it was strung with christmas lights. I just drifted off to sleep wondering whether I would wake up on the leaky air mattress we were using in the single wide we were renting, to find I was dreaming it all.

Quote:
Southern hospitality rules! You can come use my tub anytime.
smile.png
Really thanks, I am really happy.

Isnt TN just beautiful. I moved from UT to here two years ago and couldnt be happier. I am still renting but hope to find a place to buy soon. I love that there is every color green you can think of out here most of the year and it sure beats UT weather even though it gets humid out here I would rather have that and the green than no humidity and not alot of green. Welcome to TN
frow.gif

Quote:
Thank you! We are finding that settling is difficult when there is so much to do but we absolutely love it!

Quote:
I came from Oregon and was pleasantly surprised by the greeness. It really is a gorgeous state. I am not used to the weather yet but time should take care of that.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thank you. We want to raise our children here and when it is time to retire, we want to buy a large amount of acreage with a house further away from the town, maybe in the mountains.

Just wanted to give some updated pics.

The building of our coop.
102_5487.jpg

Caine is getting so big but we now know he comes from small stock.
102_5475.jpg

The chickies are getting to be so grown up too.
102_5445.jpg

Back
Top Bottom