My family makes me so mad put up new rules

sheila3935

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 10, 2010
Stonington, illinois
I have been working lots of hours due to the holidays. I depend on my family to help with the animals. Yesterday when I got off work I had to go straight to bed due to a migraine. After I woke in the evening I found that no one had made any supper which was then left to me to do. I also noticed the dogs had not been fed and watered. This morning I went out to let the chickens and ducks out and to feed and water them. The waterers were all muddy and hardly any water in them. The baby coops water was completely empty. I am so mad. So I made a new house rule and put it on the fridge. It states:
You have to drink out of a dirty glass. You can not have a clean glass til I get around to washing one. That means If i have to work til after dark you can not have a clean glass til the next morning. If the tea pitcher runs out you can not have a drink even if that means you have to wait til the next morning. You can not have anything to eat til I get around to feeding you. You know I have more important things to do such as watching TV playing video games or surfing on the web. This is how you want to treat all the animals here so I guess that the same should apply to you. Remember if you are hungry or thirsty to can get a glass of water or make some food the animals cant so I guess they just have to suffer til I get home. So that being said you have to suffer right along with them because after all you are animals too just the human kind.

Last edited:
So sorry all the burden has been put on you. It's sad for your animals too, not only do you have to deal with total exhaustion you have to worry about your helpless animals. I don't think you should wash the glasses or make tea. If you are working and doing all the outside chores then someone else can do inside chores. Maybe it's time to pull the plug on the tv and video games?

BTDT
barnie.gif

Hunger is a very good motivator. "You do not work you do not eat"

Eating is not a right, except for helpless infants. Even young children can do chores; and they should be required to do them before eating. Most parents have an open-refrigerator policy, which fosters laziness and self-indulgence that leads to an undisciplined life. When most grew up on farms, this lesson was generally practiced, for everyone had to help with the chores in order to eat.

You are on the right track.
smile.png

You didn't ask me, but you need some new rules. There is no reason the kids can't wash the dishes, do laundry, clean up the house, start dinner, and set and clear the table. I don't know why when or where women got the idea they were supposed to do it ALL. This certainly wasn't true in past generations. Kids were expected to pitch in and not for any monetary reward, either. But simply in payment for the air they were breathing. So many of today's kids do have a sense of entitlement. Why shouldn't they? Everything is given to them. Meals, a clean house, clean laundry, clothes, food, shelter, and they don't have to lift a finger. Mama does it all. They are not asked to contribute to the family and help with running the household, and on a very real level, they don't feel a part of it either.

Dont get me wrong the kids so help out with housework, its just that they want to take half a***d care of the animals. I would rather they took great care of the animals and did half on the housework but Im not gonna say it like that to them. As for cooking the only ones who will cook are me and my DD and she works full time too. I sometimes think DH is the worse of the bunch. Seems like anymore he will not do anything. Maybe I need to do rules for him
lol.png

My husband gets his own to do list right along with the kids. I found making a single list and expecting anything to get done was a waste. They all were pretty sure someone else would take care of the list and not one thing got done. My husbands computer just about went over the balcony on that one. Now everyone has their own individual lists. I wake up or stay up late just so they are ready and waiting for them when they wake up.

Back
Top Bottom