My "family" pix

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Tala, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I was out in the yard the other morning (before it turned so bitter cold!) enjoying watching the babies. It was one of their first days out to free range with the adult birds. I just felt so happy with all my critters there coexisting I had to take some pictures.

My dog, cat and 8-2month old chicks all scratching/sniffing around our big dead tree

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes I know all about polksalad being poisonous. The birds all tried it a bit and seemed to know it was bad. It's been there all summer and they don't eat it.

2. chris_m90731

chris_m90731 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    great looking family!
    the cat has stunning eyes...

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Was funny I went to take his picture and after I pushed the button, but before it flashed, he meowed at me demanding some attention! I thought the pic came out great!
    For once a slow camera had a benefit :p

He's a demanding cat sometimes, but at least he knows what he wants. My other cat who was inside when I was taking these, she can't ever make up her mind what she wants! They are perfect little examples of male and female!! [​IMG]

4. chris_m90731

chris_m90731 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    haha...nice

5. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    great looking family!

I agree! [​IMG]

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    My cat has got the same eyes they are realated [​IMG] It's great seeing critters together [​IMG]

7. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    Quote:I felt the same way when my chickens were little...like I was on Noah's Ark. 7 chickens, 1 cat, 2 dogs, and finaly the 2 ducks all getting along. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by