My Family with Feathers

tmlpike

Songster
6 Years
May 16, 2013
Canada
Meet "Roostie", my favorite man of all times.Not only is he gorgeous with his shiny yellow feathers and bright red comb, but he treats his girls with dignity and respect. He has never attacked a human. He just likes to stare you down with his handsome orange eyes. :) Roostie is a proud father of His daughter Miracle.

And Here's "Tiger", Roostie's wife. Together, they have a daughter. Tiger is soooo beautiful! She is a very vocal girl, and talks to me whenever she sees me. Tiger is as adventurous as a chicken can get. She likes to be a rebel and fly over top of the chicken fence. Even after we trimmed one of her wings to prevent her from escaping, that didn't stop her. So we decided to just let her be. She can be a naughty girl, but I love her so much! She decided to lay her eggs in the neighbor's doghouse. She was broody and laid 21 eggs to be exact! Only one the eggs hatched. But Tiger is the BEST mother there could possibly be. Even now that her baby is full grown, Tiger stays best friends with her daughter. They now escape the pen together :)

Baby Tiger, so cute :)

This picture was taken after we had a big rain storm. Since Tiger escaped the pen, she had no where to go for protection out of the rain. Poor girl.

Tiger just loves her dirt baths :) Sometimes I catch her having dirt baths in the neighbor's gardens.

Isn't she just gorgeous?

awwee, Sleeping Tiger

Here's Tiger and her baby! Welcome "Miracle."

Tiger teaching Miracle how to have a dirt bath

Flying from one stone to another to avoid stepping on the cold snow

Peekaboo :)

So, here's "Miracle", who truly is a Miracle. The only chick that hatched from 21 eggs. Her beautiful yellow/white feathers come from her daddy Roostie. Miracle is not only Tiger's daughter, but best friend.

They grow up so fast, don't they!

Building her nest

her head doesn't look right here :p

She laid her egg! :)

In order to keep her feathers beautiful, Miracle cleans them :)

This girl is named after her appearnace. "Black Beauty" "Beauty" for short. No one can deny how beautiful she she. Her big eyes, red comb, and laced feathers! She's a funny girl. Don't let her size fool you. She gets bossed around by a chicken less than half her size! Oh Beauty :p She lays gorgeous dark brown eggs.

Look at her chest feathers!!!

You know the little chicken half of Beauty's size that was in charge of her? Well.... here she is! I need name suggestions because this pretty gal still doesn't have a name. She is so sweet, and has a little baby.But when her baby's not in her sight, she makes such a loud noise! It's adorable, and so is she!

Here's her little baby, "Willow." Willow loves her mama. She is a very vocal little girl. And she is the best flyer ever!!! Her flying skills are incredible! Her silver lace around her neck is beautiful! Willow has a very pointy beak.

This is "Flower." She is SUCH a sweetheart! We've been best friends for as long as I can remember. When she was a baby, she was at the bottom of the pecking order, so she would always run to me for protection. Flower loves jumping on my back.

This is Fuzz. Fuzz had three babies. Sadly, a wild animal got two of them. But Fuzz still has her baby girl.

"Bolt." Mamma's boy

"Zeeba" beautiful eyes, beautiful heart

"Gem", the one who survived

Gem's all grown up now!

This is "Gobbles", My Gooby girl. Sadly, Gobbles died a little while ago, and I miss her so much. But I am grateful for the time that God let me spend with her. Gobbles was the nicest girl and got along with anyone. She was a little on the heavier side :p The way that she looked up at my with her big round eyes melted my heart every time.

Look at how she looks at me <3

Thank you for looking at my feathered family. I hope they made you smile :) They make me smile every day :) God Bless

Last edited:
I love the photos of your fine feathered family. Your little bossy hen reminds me of my little English Game hen, Brandy (sometimes called bossy or bratty Brandy). So my name suggestions would be Brandy or perhaps Amber.

You could use this post as inspiration for your own "chicken page" which you could set up in this section of the forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/5/My_Chickens

Thank you so much for sharing your feathered family with us!

The name Eleanor came to MY mind when looking at Willow's mom. Dunno why, but most of my flock has "people" names, and she looks like my "Grace" who is another bantam Coop Mother (like a Brownie Den Mother). Made me think of a plucky, not-at-all shy type. :idunno

I love ALL the photos, but "peek a boo" really made me smile.

Back
Top Bottom