My Family

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by PBGGG, Mar 10, 2014.

1. PBGGG

PBGGG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2013
    Maine
    Hello everyone!

We started getting our farm animals back in June of 2013. We started out with four ducks- Goonder, Gunther, Gunter, and Princess Bubblegum. They were about four weeks old, I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (I am just dying looking at how cute and fuzzy they are!)

Then in July, my mother bought me a mini horse (thank you!)

Here is Arizona:
    [​IMG]
    We had to get her a buddy, so we got Dominic. He is so sweet!
    [​IMG]

We were happy with all of our animals. My mom got her adorable ducks, and I got my pony I was wishing for every chance I got.
    (the birthday after I got her, I was really confused on what to wish for!)

A few days after my birthday in September, I was sick. (I remember this day verrryyy well). My mother woke me up and said she heard some chirping from under the barn. We thought it was a chipmunk or something stuck under there. We went outside to see, and there was a baby chicken peeping out from under it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I was completely in love. How could you not love that?!
    But, he wasn't ours. The neighbors had chickens, and he kept escaping from their place. They weren't home at the time ,and we had no idea what to do. I was happy and upset at the same time. This beautiful chick might not make the night. We didn't know how to take care of him!

The next morning, I woke up and I could hear him cheeping away! I was so glad he survived. He eventually outgrew his little baby stage, and went into the awkward years.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl- I didn't know anything about chickens. Then one day, I heard him make this horrible, upsetting sound from the other room. I thought it was because I wasn't there. He did it again a few days later, and I was still confused. The next day when he did it, I realized- he was a boy!

I'm glad he was. I always wanted a rooster. Even though his crowing can be super annoying, he is still adorable!
    [​IMG]

Then around October, we got two more ducks- Tree Trunks and Marceline.

[​IMG]
    Tree trunks is the one with the white and brown on her chest, and Marceline is the one trying to get out of the pen.

Sadly, Marcy was always at the bottom of the flock. The boys picked on her, and sometimes we would have to put her in a cage at night so she could get a break. A few weeks ago, I went outside to go put the ducks away, and I saw this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Blood EVERYWHERE. She was sitting next to it, so I figured it was hers. I called my dad outside, and my mom came too. We thought it was her vent, and she would have to be euthanized.
    Luckily (not so lucky her for actually), it was just her side where the boys pulled some feathers out. We brought her inside and gave her a bath, and now she is a permanent house pet. Whenever we try to put her outside, she freaks out.
    [​IMG]
    Marcy having a playdate with Princes Bubblegum.

Earlier this year, we got Lady Rainicorn and Beemo. Then, just a few weeks ago, we got LSP and Flame Princess.
    [​IMG]
    LSP is on the far left

[​IMG]
    Flame Princess in the back and Tree Trunks in front

[​IMG]
    Some of the gray girls

[​IMG]
    LSP

[​IMG]
    Lady Rainicorn has the brown patch on her head, Beemo has the black on her side, and LSP is in the middle. Goonder is on the left.
    [​IMG]
    Ducks all huddled in

[​IMG]
    LSP

These are all the animals we have for now, but you never know what is going to happen!

2. PBGGG

Jun 17, 2013
    Maine
    Whoops, I forgot the dogs- Jackie is the mini dachshund, and Maisy is the border collie/ pitbull

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. aekin

aekin Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2014
    Georgia
    Wow! You've got quite the menagerie! Love the ducks!! So precious! Are y'all thinking of getting any thing else?

4. PBGGG

Jun 17, 2013
    Maine
    Thank you!

Not for a while, we might move in June, so we aren't thinking about anything in the near future! Hoping to get some chickens though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by