My Feathered Family

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cmitchell, Dec 12, 2010.

1. cmitchell

cmitchell Chillin' With My Peeps

Here are pictures of my girls. My consists of 15 Light Brahma laying hens we purchased from a major hatchery for egg production. Recently we adopted a hodgepodge of feathered girls and boys..rescuing them from a very over-crowded pen.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These next sets of pictures are the rescue birds. We have no idea what breed/variety/cross they are or whether some of them are girls or boys. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

SET #1
    [​IMG][​IMG]

SET #2
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

SET #3
    [​IMG][​IMG]

SET#4
    [​IMG][​IMG]

SET #5
    [​IMG][​IMG]

SET #6
    [​IMG][​IMG]

SET #7
    [​IMG][​IMG]

SET #8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

SET #9
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Very nice. I don't know breeds but they are all beautiful. That's nice that you took them in.

Imp

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Those are beautiful pictures! I wish I could take good clear ones like that!

4. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    good for sanving them!

5. cmitchell

I just got a roo for my 15 light brahma hens! He's a handsome buff brahma..just a couple weeks younger than my girls. I got him from friends who thought they got all female chicks last spring only to find out that 4 of them were roosters. I put him right in with the hens and other than a few challenges from the cheekier girls he seems to be settling in just fine. I'll try to post some pics of him in the next few days. I'm going to let a couple of the broodiest hens set in the spring..can't wait to see the babies hatch out!

6. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    Set 3 is a silver laced wyandotte roo.

7. sheilawagner

sheilawagner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    Good photography taking. Even the rescued birds photographed well, and some of them are actually really good looking. There are some beat up ones, also grumpy looking ones, but I think after a while of being happy and content, they'll lighten up for sure.

8. cmitchell

Here is a picture of the 8 month old Buff Brahma rooster a friend gave to me yesterday. I think he is beautiful. I put him in with my Light Brahma hens in hopes that there will be some chicks in the spring.

[​IMG]

9. cmitchell

UPDATE: We have happily re-homed six of the rescued roosters..one more left to find a home for. We are keeping all the pullets/hens and will be adding them to our main flock soon.

10. Oboistonquack

Oboistonquack Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2010
    Maine
    It makes me happy to see all the rescued roosters!! I applaud you for saving them. [​IMG] Your birds are lovely!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by