My female goose almost Killed my gander.

chickensducks&agoose :

She's a saddleback pomeranian, and he's a chinese, and she managed to rip out half his feathers and bloody him in about 10 minutes. every chance she gets, she just pummels him. is there any fix for this?

Sensitivy training so he knows that no means NO! ??? or was it an non sexual fight?​

We've been keeping the separate, because she really hates him.. but he accidentally ended up in her pen (fell OUT of the chicken coop!?!) and she just about killed him. so no free ranging this summer i guess, she is old and grumpy, he wouldn't DREAM of trying 'anything' with her... but he might think about her younger female goose...

Maybe she thinks "he's an alien bird" and not of her species ......
wink.png
Seriously I had 5 mini-ducks that were raised together and when year old the two drakes of one breed attacked the drake of another and I had to separate them . The two drakes live with one duck for 2 years and get along fine, go figure, but the really went after that other mini duck. Also My one runner drake tries to nip at the pen of the mini pair, but doesn't fuss with the other gander who is a runner.....

I locked up our Lady Goose, after she latched onto a chicken and wouldn't let go, even with me trying to pry her mouth off... and put the young female chinese goose in the chicken coop with our male chinese goose. He totally ignored her, and kept coming up to me and trying to bite my feet. He usually ignores me, and i think he was just super nervous! Eventually, I returned all geese to their designated areas...

Back
Top Bottom