My female goose died and my male is heartbroken.

4Dobermans

Songster
May 24, 2020
Prescott,Az
My female buff gosling just died for no apparent reason,she was a little over 2 months old. She was healthy and was drinking water when I went out there. I just went out there to put them up and she was laying dead on the ground with ants crawling all over her. She must have been dead for a little while because she was stiff. My male one who grew up with her is healthy though. I don’t know what happened

My female buff gosling just died for no apparent reason,she was a little over 2 months old. She was healthy and was drinking water when I went out there. I just went out there to put them up and she was laying dead on the ground with ants crawling all over her. She must have been dead for a little while because she was stiff. My male one who grew up with her is healthy though. I don’t know what happened
She was dead right and not playing?. I buried her yesterday. She died with her eyes closed. I am so upset because she was my sweetie and so cute.

I’m sorry for your loss! She may have had a congenital heart problem, it only takes a moment and they’re gone and there’s nothing you could have done. It surprisingly only takes minutes to stiffen up so she may not have been there very long, though the ants may indicate she was there for longer unless she passed away on their hive.

You could check around on Craigslist, Facebook, or on the buy sell trade forums here to see if anyone has any goslings or adults in need of rehomeing https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/other-poultry-birds-hatching-eggs.34/

Back
Top Bottom