My female rabbit

Animallover606

Songster
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
she had baby;s and i;m wondering how long until they get fur there so ugly.any other helpful information will be appricated.

If they are where you can see them at least 1 time every day you can watch them grow hair it is amazing how fast it comes in, literally every day you can tell a difference. A couple of days after birth you will see peach fuzz and then BAM the next time you think about it they have fur.

she killed them them now what should i do she i think accendentially did why was this any advice appreciated

is she a new mom are you planing on re breeding her?
New moms are not good moms they have to learn it takes them about 2 to 3 litters just re breed and try again
o did you have a nest box in there and straw/hay?

Don't rebreed her immediately. Give her a rest and use the time to study up on rabbit raising. These critters rely on you to provide for all their needs and the best thing you can do for them is to know as much as you can so you can do the right thing when it needs to be done.

This is not to say don't ask questions when the need arises, but to encourage you to know the basics before getting into breeding rabbits.

Wayne

we recently had two litters of kits and with in a few days they start looking better they are five weeks old now and they are so cute. they have full hair and look like small rabbits

well were planning on rebreeding them in Janurary and april i had all the stuff needed she was a new mom and we i think just kept pesting her so she abonded them but they got pretty big before the all died

I just noticed the date of your first post. Is the dead litter the same litter that you posted about 10 weeks ago? I'm not at all clear from your posts what happened to your rabbits. You don't make it clear if she killed them or something else caused it. You say she killed them and you also say she abandoned them. Were there any injuries? Did they die overnight or over a period of days? Were there any of the usual signs of illnesses? A little more information might help determine what may have happened or to point you in the right direction in case there is something you might do differently in the future.

Does do not abandon litters at 10 weeks of age. They have long been weaned from the mom and she was done with them. If you've left a litter of bunnies in a cage with the mom for 10 weeks, she might attack and kill them. How long were you planning to keep them with the doe?

Bunnies start to wean themselves at around 3 to 4 weeks. I usually moved them to their own grow-out cage at 5 weeks or so. If they were in the cage after that, I had to watch them closely as I found leaving them longer than 6 weeks was asking for trouble.

I would get a good book on basic rabbit care and breeding and understand that fully before re-breeding the doe.

Wayne

well the mom killed the first few buy stepping on them and then the rest she left alone and yes they all died 11 weeks ago oh they were only about a week when the all had died
sad.png
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom