My feral chicken -what breed is she?

ChickenCindy

Hatching
Mar 31, 2016
This is Winifred, a hen who showed up in my backyard about 6 months ago. Anyone know what breed she is? When the chicks are a bit older I will post pics of them so maybe I can determine which are females and which are males. Thanks!

Can you get a less blurry photo, with a closer shot of her plummage?

Does she have a pattern at all?

Right now, she is probably production red, or simply a barnyard mix, but she might possibly be a hatchery Welsummer...but photo is too blurry for me to see if those patterns are present.

What color of egg does she lay? (A hatchery Welsummer may lay only a middle brown or tan egg rather than dark brown or brown with dark spots).

LofMc

Can you get a less blurry photo, with a closer shot of her plummage?

Does she have a pattern at all?

Right now, she is probably production red, or simply a barnyard mix, but she might possibly be a hatchery Welsummer...but photo is too blurry for me to see if those patterns are present.

What color of egg does she lay? (A hatchery Welsummer may lay only a middle brown or tan egg rather than dark brown or brown with dark spots).

LofMc

I don't think she looks like a production red since her tail feathers arnt white

I will try to get a better photo of her. It's hard to get too close. But this is what her eggs look like.

This is the only egg of hers I have ever seen and it was rotten. It was more white than brown. She is good at hiding her eggs. I had seen her just once the 2 weeks before she showed up with 8 chicks.

Well when u seen her before she showed up with eight chicks she might have been put running around for food before she went back to her nest of eggs she had hid so I take it that she don't leave ur yard because of the chicks not being able to fly if ur yard is fenced

Back
Top Bottom