My few day old Silkie fuzzy butt needs your help :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by horseyjess, Mar 14, 2011.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Songster

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Ok so at first I thought it had splay leg so I have been putting the bandaid on his legs.. Well the leg looks no better and it just looks odd. What can I do its to cute to cull [​IMG] please tell me this can be fixed [​IMG] The leg looks swollen if you look close and the whole leg points out and he doesnt like to put weight on it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. klmclain1

klmclain1 Songster

Mar 14, 2011
    I am REALLY new at all this, but one of my now 7 week-old black australorps appeared to have a similar problem when I received her at 2 days old. She "recovered" in about 7 days and I haven't seen the issue since.... I figured she was injured in shipping. I hope yours is OK! [​IMG]

3. horseyjess

horseyjess Songster

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Bump... Please

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    How old is he? Did you hatch him or was he shipped? Was his leg like this from the start? I'm wondering if it's dislocated at the joint and that's why he doesn't put weight on it. Was he injured at some point or maybe caught a toe in wire flooring and tried to pull free? I wouldn't rush to cull in any case.

5. horseyjess

horseyjess Songster

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Was shipped eggs that hatched here on last Thurs. I was trying the bandaid thing until today. It was the last to hatch and had the hardest time getting out..

6. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Do you have two threads going for this? I posted a link for you on the other one.

7. horseyjess

horseyjess Songster

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Bump his leg is still like this [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: