My final countdown begins - UPDATE - GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by megshenhut, Jul 3, 2008.

1. megshenhut

megshenhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    Starting on day 19 today. I'm sitting on my hands and waiting. I have 16 mixed breed eggs in the bator. This will be my 3rd hatch this year. The first two were zero hatches from shipped eggs. So I don't know if it is me or the eggs. Hopefully this hatch will tell. I need some good hatching vibes coming this way. I want baby chicks!!! The summer is half over and I don't have any yet!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  2. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Sending good hatching vibes your way!!!!!!! [​IMG]

I think the waiting of the last 3 days is the worst.

I'm on Day 28 w/ my first hatch of turkey eggs and all I see is one egg wiggling....no pips yet. [​IMG]

Good luck & keep us posted!!!!! [​IMG]

3. crazychickenchick

crazychickenchick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2008
    Australia
    Oh, know exactly how you feel. I do not get any house work done for the last three days of incubating. I place a chair in front of it and have to drag myself away if the kids or hubby calls! lol. Yes, I am obsessed! I am on my second inbuation at present. They are only at day four and I am looking for ways to keep myself occupied so time passes quicker!

Good luck with your hatches. Hope you have some cute fluffy little pips real soon![​IMG]

4. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    I'm stealing your thread because I just got a pip and a zip, and the babies aren't due until Saturday. You send me good vibes, and I'll send you good vibes. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Go babies!

5. bluedog

bluedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    East KY
    sending good hatching vibes your way.... good luck on your hatch.

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Good Luck with your hatch!! I am on day 20 with my black copper marans and have 6 beautiful chicks running around and 6 eggs with pips so hopefully they will all be out by tomorrow.

7. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    Congratulations!! [​IMG]

I now have one black mutt from a white egg. It's precious, even all wet and slimy looking. [​IMG]

8. megshenhut

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    I have one pip now!! I'm so excited. It is just the start of day 20. Good vibes to you too. Congrats on the little black one!

9. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Good Luck to both of you on your hatches. My black copper hatch just finished and I have 13 beautiful babies running around in the brooder. I have mountain quail to move down to the hatching tray tomorrow.

10. megshenhut

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    I have another pip![​IMG] The first one is painfully slow. But this morning I could see the baby moving the shell a little bit, go chickie go! Day 21 actually doesn't start for these until this afternoon about 2:00, but man am I anxious. I just want chickies so bad.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by