my final purchase before closing my flock again Porcelain Isabelles

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by AHappychick, Oct 22, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    And they are a spectacular are pair of Porcelain Isabelles from George M. I needed a replacement for my lav roo that is injured so he he is with an extra pullet of course [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I honetly dont know how they can see. I tried putting a bobbypin in their crest to help but they shook them out. I am going to have to come up with a solution though since I want them to be able to see whats going on

2. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    OH they are beautiful!!!

Do you mind if I ask what you mean by "closing your flock again"? I know what a closed flock is, but do you open your flock for a short time to add new stock, and then close it?

3. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    very cute [​IMG]

4. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    If I had a pair of George Mihalik's Silkies I would want my flock closed too. [​IMG]

5. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I am just wondering... How in the heck did you get these? I reserved some months ago. And when I contacted him last month he told me he sold out. Gr. Now I'm sad again.

They are beautiful birds. Congradulation.

6. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:yes I had a closed flock for a while but wanted some new silkies so I bought 5 from 2 different breeders but for the next few years I dont intend to bring in any new chickens unless I hatch the eggs from someone.

7. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:honestly I have no idea I just contacted him when I came to grips with the fact that my lav roo probably wont recover and asked him if he had any lavs, he was all sold out so I asked about PI and he had a pair [​IMG]

I think I just got lucky.

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Pink hair tape will hold up the crest. Wind it around about three times, and make sure you don't pull the crest so tight that the eyes can't close.

9. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Dang it. That saddens me.

I'm not sad you got them. I'm happy for you. [​IMG]

I'm just sad that I waited and he would not sell me any. Oh well. I got some beautiful birds from shari comining.

They are pretty.

*goes back to stand by the phone waiting for my silkies to get here today*

10. Happy Chicken Mama

Happy Chicken Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    Pink hair tape will hold up the crest. Wind it around about three times, and make sure you don't pull the crest so tight that the eyes can't close.

I could never figure out why mine were so jumpy after they eat yogurt... it was that they made such a mess of their top knots that they could finally see!

They jump around at everything when they can see it!

I think I am going to try hair clips this week!

Beautiful birds!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by