My fingernails are naked

FisherMOM

Songster
11 Years
May 7, 2008
Bergen, NY
You will NOT see this that often.. hopefully never again!

I have herniated disk surgery April 6th and cannot.. I repeat.. cannot have nail polish on.
I went to my salon yesterday and told them to trim them as short
as possible this time and no color..only a clear coat.

I will be painting them next Tuesday...Lord willing! PINK for Easter!

Here are my nails.. this picture was taken last night with the l
atest book that I am reading.
(I had to throw some color into the picture SOME HOW!)

2634_60904679297_820774297_1431555_191306_n.jpg

Any time you go in for a surgery you shouldnt have any nail polish at all on. It can hinder the pulse ox reading during surgery (thats the little thing they slip on your finger that has the little red light). It also helps medical personel see if you are cyanotic (bluish coloring at your nail beds). Good Luck with your surgery and when you can get your nails done again you'll have to post a new pic. I loved when they looked like a fishing lure (that was you wasnt it lol)

gig.gif
My fingernails are ALWAYS naked. I think yours look nice naked, but if you're not used to it, then I guess it might feel like you're doing something naughty.
lol.png

the paperwork says that acrylic nails are ok... and you have to have clear coat on those...

They have used that finger thingie on me before with polish on...
never had a problem. well... if they do not want the clear coat on,
I hope they have polish remover.
smile.png

I hear ya Buff...

oh and jbow.. I know the picture you are talking about. Those weren't my nails, but I used it as an avatar.
I'd love to get mine done like that some day though!

excuse me fisher, you cookie teaser.....recipe for the nests please.

What is that? rice crispies in there? too cute.

ha ha...your nude.

Hi Maple, those look like the yummy & delicious, as well as EASY BREEZY No Bake Chocolate Drop Cookies that I make for my kids. They have oatmeal, peanut butter & cocoa, of course, in them. If you want the recipe I'll be happy to post it for you.

I only have a few minutes to be on here so I go ahead and post it...

1/2 c. milk
2 c. sugar
1 stick butter
4 Tbsp. cocoa
2-1/2 c. oatmeal (quick or instant works best)
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 c. peanut butter (I use the natural kind, but any kind will do and you can use creamy or chunky)

In sauce pan combine milk, sugar, butter & cocoa. Bring to a boil, boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remover from heat, add oatmeal, vanilla & peanut butter. Mix well. Drop by tablespoons on wax paper (I use aluminum foil). Allow to cool to harden.

Last edited by a moderator:
sure thang...I love how they have the robins eggs on them and look like nests...how fun.

no bake? wooohoooo!

Back
Top Bottom