My first 2 chicks pics

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by fernandthechicks, Nov 2, 2008.

1. fernandthechicks

fernandthechicks Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2008
    New Brunswick,Canada
    Hi i got 2 chicks up to now,i had trouble with the light i was scared the chicks would get burned so i put a shield the the temp went down,so ii had to remove the shiel put the light higher what a day,lolbut worth it
    I was just wondering how long does it take for them to fluff up,the feathers look tjght on them?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. island.girlie

island.girlie Chillin' With My Peeps

Hooray! CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABIES~*

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    awww, cuties !!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

It takes a little while !!! sometimes even a day for there feathers to look right. Do they have a heat light they are under ?? Try not to open the bator as that can cause the hum to drop and the chicks to stick to the shell and not be able to get out !!

4. fernandthechicks

Oct 14, 2008
    New Brunswick,Canada
    yes there is a light and the temp is 95,but they are no in the incubator anymore,is the humidity still important after ?

5. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:You still have other eggs in the bator due to hatch right ??? I understand the 2 babies are out of the bator and in the brooder. If you still have more eggs that are hatching then yes the hum still needs to be up.

6. fernandthechicks

Oct 14, 2008
    New Brunswick,Canada
    i mistaken bator and brooter sorry yes but humidity not important in brooter?

7. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    No humidity is not important in the brooder. The humidity is only so that the chicks do not get to dry and get stuck in the shell.

8. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:Nope no need for hum in the brooder !! Sorry to confuse you !! just need hum in the bator (about 65%)

If you open the bator to much or somtimes at all you will lose hum fast and that will cause the chicks to stick to the shells and not hatch !! Keep us updated on any new ones !!

9. Bandana

Bandana Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations on the little fuzzy-butts! What breed are they.

10. SussexInSeattle

SussexInSeattle Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Washington
    Ewwww Bandana, you naughty, naughty! I thought I was bad having 10 when only legal for 3! You are in an RV park??? I can't believe how you can keep your secret! I used to live in Phoenix (Glendale) and sometimes work in RV parks, no where to run, no where to hide! What's your secret? I mean how are you able to hide them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by