My first 3-egg day.. go go girls!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JennsPeeps, Dec 31, 2008.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    All 3 of my standard girls are laying as of last weekend but today's the first day that all 3 laid me an egg. [​IMG] It was our first 3-egg day.

I love having chickens!

2. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Isn't it wonderful? I remember in Nov. when my 2 brahma started to lay how excited I was. I still am. I love gathering the eggs. Yep! I am getting two a day. My brahma are no slouches. I have been getting some double yolkers at times. I sort of want that to stop. I want the girls to stay healthy. If it weren't so muddy here with clay I would like to have more of them I think. Right now I have 6 bo's that are 10 weeks old I can barely wait till they start to lay. This Feb. I will get blue orps. and delawares. Yeh. Jean

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    CONGRATS on the 3 eggs [​IMG] It's so nice when your hens pay you back !!!!

WAY TO GO GIRLS [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. UrbanChickenMama

UrbanChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    Yippee! I love those days. I get a couple of those a week with my 3 girls. Then I also get the days like today -- none, zip, zilch, nadda, need I go on? [​IMG]

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Oh... I hadn't thought of a no-egg day! [​IMG]

We're headed to a party at a friends' house tonight. I'm taking them 6 eggs: 2 from each of our girls. The eggs are so pretty! Our RIR lays dark brown eggs, the BR lays light, nearly pink eggs, and the BSL lays latte brown eggs.

I can't wait to hand them over!!

6. sammy

sammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    how did you manage to get 3 different breeds at one time?

i have my two but the place I bought them had all the same breed
    red sex links-not that i am complaining i LOVE MY CHICKENS!

HAPPY NEW YEAR btw!

7. UrbanChickenMama

UrbanChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    There's a place here in town that has all sorts of chickens. I met the woman I can thank for that. She has quite the chicken operation just south of the store and she goes in and puts in special orders. The babies that are left over are for the rest of us in town - ha!

I bought mine at 10 weeks from another place - a local farm - and was able to pick my three girls out from 20 different breeds. We have a red spotted sussex (light cream eggs), a silver laced cochin (mocha eggs with adorable freckles), and an americauna (sage green eggs).

8. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    Grats [​IMG] Seems many of us are now starting to get eggs [​IMG]

My EE hen is at two today. One yesterday and one today. My little boy was so cute running in the coop with his basket [​IMG]

9. sillybirds

sillybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    California
    Congrats! If your girls keep that rate up you'll have quite a few eggs on your hands in no time! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by