My first 6 pullets! Not sure on Breed on 3 of them.

Val in Tex

Hatching
Mar 21, 2015
Hello everyone,

Been wanting to backyard chickens for a while now, and finally got to the point where I could do it. Bought 6 pullets and I know 3 of them are barred rocks. The other 3, the breed are a mystery to me however and I am also suspecting one of them might be a rooster. Hoping those with more expertise can take a guess. Pictures at approximately 4-5 weeks old.

Mystery Chicken #1 (This one might be a rooster?)

Mystery Chicken #2

Mystery Chicken #3

First maybe Buff Orpington cockerel, second Production Red / hatchery Rhode Island Red, third Speckled Sussex...

And, Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

Hello everyone,

Been wanting to backyard chickens for a while now, and finally got to the point where I could do it. Bought 6 pullets and I know 3 of them are barred rocks. The other 3, the breed are a mystery to me however and I am also suspecting one of them might be a rooster. Hoping those with more expertise can take a guess. Pictures at approximately 4-5 weeks old.

Mystery Chicken #1 (This one might be a rooster?)

Buff Orpington and yes it is a male
Mystery Chicken #2

Rhode Island Red and female

Mystery Chicken #3

Speckled Sussex and female
Nice assortment. Are you allowed to keep the rooster?

Unfortunately, ordinance in my area does not allow it. Too bad, I just looked at pictures of Buff Orpington Roosters and they are beautiful birds!

Good news is I have an uncle who loves all sorts of birds (has pheasants, chickens, peacocks) who is willing to take him as he has the space and is allowed to have roosters.

First maybe Buff Orpington cockerel, second Production Red / hatchery Rhode Island Red, third Speckled Sussex...

And, Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome To BYC!
I agree.

Back
Top Bottom