My first attempt at a coop (Work In Progress)

MutthaClucker

In the Brooder
Feb 11, 2015
Hello BYC,

Below are some pics of my first attempt at a coop, still not quite done but getting close.

End of Day 2 had the frame pretty much complete.

Another week in, its almost done. I need to find a 4x4 piece of hardware cloth to finish the top of the run. Anyone in the Orange County California area have a scrap of 1/2 inch 4'x4' length/width? I'd gladly pay for it, just dont want to buy a whole roll for that one piece.

I'll update this thread once its completed and moved into place.

Got some more work done, screened the front and under the nesting boxes.

Installed the roosting bar

A pic of our Silver Laced Wyandotte

Very nice! Be sure to take lots of pics of the inside with the birds...it will never look that clean again!

Compelted the coop over this past weekend. Here she is in all her clean glory. Ended up doing the top screen in two sections to save some dough. Our oldest pullet should be ready to live in the coop within the next week or two at most. The brooder is getting a bit cramped. I'll be sure to snap some pics of our little flock in their new home as we start to introduce them to outdoor living over the next couple of weeks.

Here is a shot of the inside compelted with two roosting bars and a removable divider for the nesting boxes.

It is about as much fun as one can have, to indulge yourself in the care and housing of ones birds. This is going to be a ton of fun for you and yours. Having a chicken round the place will teach everyone a great deal and will be a source of pleasure for many months to come.

Best to you and your birds,

RJ

Back
Top Bottom