My first auction eggs should be in today!!

Lesalynn

Songster
10 Years
Jul 25, 2009
Darnell, Louisiana
I called the PO at 7:02 this morning--no eggs yet, the truck should be there around 7:45. I'm on pins and needles. Got my fingers crossed hoping the eggs are ok.

woot.gif

I have done the shipped eggs adventure 3 time now from BYCer's. 3 shipments with 3 successful attempts, thanks to excellent egg shippers....Shelly2008, Halo and Mugsmagee!!
droolin.gif
Your enthusiasm is contagious. Now I want more shipped eggs!!!

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking, How far were they shipped??? I have purchased eggs from ebay with poor results!! Could of been my incubating techniques but ???. I was going to try Silkies from BYC, that's what I've been buying as well as Lav Orps
Ayda

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking, How far were they shipped??? I have purchased eggs from ebay with poor results!! Could of been my incubating techniques but ???. I was going to try Silkies from BYC, that's what I've been buying as well as Lav Orps
Ayda

Pretty much across country, One shipment from NY, One from Florida....can't remember off hand where the other one shipped from. I live in Arizona. So far my shipped eggs are getting 50% or better hatch rate. I tried to pick BYCer's with egg selling experience that have had customers with good comments. Very Very happy with my shipments. Each packaged the eggs very carefully and they survived the post office. I think out of the 60 or so eggs I have received, only 1 has been cracked. 50% may not be good in some peoples opinion. Hatching is fairly new to me and I am more than happy with the results!!

Now I am addicted to the crazy 24 hour egg and the BST auction threads. With the summer heat here being way to hot, I have been afraid to order eggs. But, it is starting to cool off now.....so who knows what I will find to hatch!!

Mine are coming froxm NY. They are Silkie eggs. I have wanted Silkie eggs for several years now. A BYC pal of mine sent me some from Cali last year, they made it to lockdown but drowned. I am hoping to get it right this go round! I will keep trying until I do.

My eggs are here!! They were packed exceptionally well. All 8 of them look perfect, not a crack anywhere. I will candle them this evening when I get home. YAY so far!!!!

Live in Wy had 7 shipped Silkie eggs only 1 has even made it to 14 days all others either blood rings or nothing:(. I have bought a total of ??? well i lost track and have 3 silkies, 2 lav orps and 1 mirriam turkey to show for at least 10 dozen if not more that I've attempted to hatch, but they sure are cute:lol:
Ayda
Am going to buy some from BYC'ers and see what happens, I just want to get a pair so I can raise my own:fl:fl

I am so greatful to 'sneakers' for taking such great care when packaging my eggs. She put a double layer of quilt batting in first, followed by a single layer of the batting, then the eggs, each individually bubble-wrapped, and another layer of batting topped with some jumbo bubble wrap. WOW!! Talk about a cushy ride.

I got my 1st, 2nd and third shipped eggs from Lisa (username Dipsy Doodle Doo) I was happy alll 3 times she is wonderful to get eggs from!!! Good luck with yours (remember to set them out 24 hrs before you put them in the incubator)

Back
Top Bottom