My First Bantam Ameraucana Egg **UPDATE**

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TK Poultry, Jan 19, 2010.

1. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    i got my first egg from my bantam ameraucana trio today im really excited because i think theyre fertile and i plan on popping them in the incubator after this hatch i have going........really excited just wanted to share!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
  2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats![​IMG]

3. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    [​IMG]

4. Tecalli

Tecalli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    State College, PA
    Congratulations! How old are they now? I have a bantam ameraucana born last May with no signs of egg laying. So I am curious to know how long it took you to get your first egg. Also, what color was it?

5. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    they are about a year but they had been laying before then i got them and it took a few weeks until they settled then yesterday and and today they have been laying a minty colored egg and im not too pleased id like it more blue less brown

6. sepiolida

sepiolida Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    How big are the eggs?

7. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Quote:well ive never seen a large bantam egg but they are bigger than japanese eggs tho. My japs use to lay a really tiny egg but they are medium IMO

8. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    well the last hatch was a dud but i have 8 bantam ameraucana eggs to pop in the incubator now but the exciting thing is that i got TWO eggs today instead of one now both my hens in the trio are laying! now i have one more hen to start laying! but its cool going to start incubating today!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by