My first Bantams -Fluffy Cochins!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mlheran, May 12, 2007.

1. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

The feedstore just got a huge assorted batch of these tiny little delights and I couldn't resist taking three home! [​IMG] I wanted to scoop up whole handfuls of them, but I'm pretty impressed with my self-restraint -though we'll see what happens tomorrow... [​IMG]

I tried to do the feather sexing to get pullets, but I'll have to wait and see how I did -does that even work on Banties? I was looking to get some blues and splashes, but I wasn't sure which were solid blue and which were black, so I went with two that I'm (pretty) sure are blue splash. Also the darkish one with the reddish head caught my eye -I couldn't remember what that coloring meant, but checking now I wonder if it could be a Gold-laced Wyandotte? *hopes*

Actually I'd be happy with just about anything as long as it has those fuzzy feets! [​IMG] My standard Buff Brahma made me fall in love with feathered feet and dark beaks, so I'm biased... [​IMG]

What do you think? (The quarter is for scale)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SO TINY!! *squeal* I can't believe how tiny they are!! [​IMG]

2. Saltiena

Saltiena Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    Oh my this is just torture i can not wait to get my silkies and cochin bantams, yours are so darling i just want to hold them and snuggle with them *makes baby sounds in there directions* [​IMG] i just can't wait good luck with your brood
    btw- you definetly have much to be proud of i don't have a "quarter" [​IMG] of your restraint, the first i saw them i got 25 cochin bantams +4 silkie bantams [​IMG] i think i need more luck than you

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG] Bantam babies are the cutest!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by