My First Batch of Chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Wolfgurl, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Wolfgurl

Wolfgurl Hatching

Aug 18, 2016
    Tennessee
    Hey! I bought my first batch of chicks today! There are ten of them and I have no idea what breed or sex they are. I had issues getting pictures of them so there are only a few that you can see real close. I would really like help sexing and figuring out what breed these are.

Here are the pictures I have taken:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm REALLY curious about this one! It is a lot larger than the other chicks and is absolutely beautiful!

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance, guys!

2. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    You are most likely to an accurate appraisal of both sex and breed, once they are over 6 weeks old, so maybe try posting then.

Best wishes
    CT

3. Wolfgurl

Wolfgurl Hatching

Aug 18, 2016
    Tennessee
    Alright, thank you! I'm not quite sure how old these chicks are now. I bought them from some guy who had a lot of chickens but couldn't really give me any information on these. I've also accidently posted twice and can't figure out how to delete the other... lol.

Thanks, though!
    :)

4. 7littlegirls

7littlegirls Songster

Aug 18, 2015
    Long Island NY
    Hi :frow welcome to BYC! Enjoy your new chicks!

5. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    You can go to your duplicate posts and click on the red flag. A text box will appear and you can ask for it to be removed - don't worry too much though - we all do it now and again [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: