My first batch of sausage....

BettyR

Songster
12 Years
Mar 1, 2008
Texas Gulf Coast
I just made my first batch of sausage with my new meat grinder that I was asking for help picking out about a week and a half ago. DH built me a new smoke house out of an old fish cleaning house that has been sitting on the property forever and we never used. He also did a little Red Neck engineering on the fire box but it works really well and it all used stuff we already had so the price was right...$0.00.

NewSmokeHouse001.jpg

NewSmokeHouse004.jpg

That looks utterly gorgeous!! Nice job! I am thinking of grinding up a bunch of misc venison and adding some pork sausage and spice to it... Does sausage have to be smoked?

Good job! My smoke house is still in the planning stage. lol

Lesa - sausage doesn't have to be smoked. Smoking meats used to be used as a method of long term storage without freezing. Now it's mostly used for flavor. Using different woods will give a different flavor to the sausage.

Steve

Thanks Steve...DH, DS and DSIL all shot a deer on the same hunting trip. We're hip deep in deer meat so we needed the smoke house now and the building was already there it just needed a few renovations.

Back
Top Bottom