1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My first Blue egg!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by hippichick, Jan 5, 2009.

1. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    I bought a few hens this Summer who are supposed to be "Ameraucanas", but I'm pretty sure they're EEs. Anyway, no matter, I was just thinking they would never lay, and guess was I found in the laying box yesterday. A pretty blue egg. I can't tell you how excited we were! I think I'm hooked. Want more blue eggs.............

Paula:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    how wonderful! and what a cute kiddo! congratulations. what a whopper! [​IMG]

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

[​IMG] Congrats!

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Congrats to you! [​IMG] That sure is a nice sized egg for a first one. [​IMG]

5. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Those are almost too pretty to eat!!

6. Lilandra

Lilandra Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    awesome blue egg! gonna show that to my hens, hint hint hint silly ladies -- start laying or ...

your lil one's a cutie, looks like she loves easter egg hunts

7. hippichick

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Thanks, Miss Jayne. I think she was more excited than I was. It is a pretty good size egg, too. The brown one on top is from my RIR, who is young and just started laying recently also, but the blue one is quite a bit larger.

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:they are all just sweet looking. a pic of them all in your little girl's hands would be an awesome Spring or Easter card...

9. hippichick

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Quote:I know. I'll hate to eat it. Once my hens start laying regularly, I'll put them with one of my roos. But for now, we'll just have to eat them.

10. hippichick

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Quote:Do you have EEs or Ameraucanas?? I thought these would never lay. [​IMG] And yes, she does love the egg hunts. Her favorite part of the day, I think.

Paula

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by