My first BLUE SPLASH SHOWGIRL!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by trueblueshowgirl, May 5, 2009.

1. trueblueshowgirl

trueblueshowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    maine
    After five years of shuffling pens and adding to the flock and hatching eggs.... Here she is, in all her perfection and adorable-ness:
    [​IMG]
    Blue Splash Showgirl

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. KatieGJ

KatieGJ Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2009
    St Louis MO
    all I can say is: AWWWWWWWWWW!

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

She looks good! I prefer bowties on my showgirls, but I'm starting to take a liking to the non-bearded completely naken necks. I'm starting to find it more striking in appearance.

And in true 'blue' fashion, she's got some excellent DARK skin, and large round DARK eyes. Of all the varieties, I find black/blue/splash the easiest to get all of these characteristics going in the same direction.

4. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    [​IMG] Where did you find a blue SG? I have been looking and have had NO success!!! She is a cutie patootie!!!!

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Um.... sweety. One of the best showgirl breeders around lives right there in Paradise, just south of Decatur. And she's breeding B/B/S... haven't a clue what she has right now, but I know she's breeding them.

6. freshegg

freshegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    congrats I hatched some sg eggs and have 1 just like this I didnt know they were rare. I figured the 1 white without a bowtie was luck. my splash has a bowtie.

7. trueblueshowgirl

trueblueshowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    maine
    Thanks everyone! A really nice little ray of sunlight for an otherwise sad couple of weeks in my world.

For the person looking for blue SG- I crossed two awesome Silkie hens with a homozygous SG rooster. I get blues like 50% of the time out of these kids- most often I get heterozygous SG, sometimes a Silkie or two. This is my first blue splash.

So maybe try that route. Blue Silkies are pretty easy to come by. And white SG are a dime a dozen.

This baby has a small bowtie. I would've preferred homozygous for breeding purposes, but I'm still happy with her.

8. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Cute!

Mine (with my roo from your showgirl eggs) just through an interesting blue showgirl. Waiting for her to get bigger.

I need some more eggs from you!

9. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
  10. CrazyFowlFreak

CrazyFowlFreak Pine Hill Farm

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    She's gorgeous!!! I bought 10 Showgirl/Silkie eggs and not one of them is good. [​IMG] I'm jealous![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by