1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My first Buff Wyandottes.... Pullets, right?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bleenie, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

So these are my very first Buff Wyandottes.. my first Wyandottes at all really that I have raised myself. I am pretty sure that they're all girls because there's no sign of roo featheres but Their combs are coming in awfully fast and getting color quickly too, so I just wanna be sure. I am unsure if the hatchery sold them sexed or not since I boguth them from the feed store.

thanks everyone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    The first one looks like a rooster to me, but the last one looks like a hen.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I sure hope not, but if so he's gotta go.
    It seems like, about a week ago, all 4 of their combs just BLEW UP and changed color to the flourescent pibnky-orange they are now. their bodies all look like the last picture(that's one of them), but their combs are getting big now [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    The first couple of pictures are really difficult to tell since the body is hidden. The last one definitely looks like a pullet. How old are they?

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

They're around 4.5 months old now

6. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    In the second picture you can see a pointy feather on your white shirt sleeve. That and the shiny feathers is why I said rooster for the first 2 pictures.

7. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Here's a few more pictures, they're kind of camera shy so don't photograph well. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Well, I'm no expert, but all the buffs look like pullets to me.

9. elabraleon

elabraleon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    girls (in my non expert opinion)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by