My first chick ever, with pictures

nancylee

Chirping
Sep 17, 2009
Montague, PEI
Well I finally have a chick. My first time ever.
big_smile.png

Does it look allright. It still has some stuff stuck to it.

41365_060.jpg

and this will be its new home

41365_051.jpg

First time posting pictures hope it works

It's very addicting doing what we do!! There is nothing like it in the world. I still have about 19 days to go to see how many out of the 7 i get. This will be my first hatch!!!
Congrats on your new arrival!!!

Yes, I will be doing more hatching.
It has been chirping all day, and hasn't gone to sleep yet. Is that normal, I would have though after hatching it would sleep all day.

From what I've read on here (not from experience), one chick alone will chirp A LOT, because it's lonely. Some suggest a small fluffy stuffed animal in with it. Others say do your best to find another similarly aged chick to stick in with it... It would be scary for a tiny chick to be all alone...
sad.png

But congrats on your hatch!!

Thanks
My temp was reading wrong. (cheap one )I took the good one out of the incubator and could not believe it 110. The poor thing. I got that fixed and its not chirping as much, and starting to go to sleep. I do have another chick due to hatch in 4 days.
I also have a hen sitting on one egg for the past 12 days.
Thanks again.
big_smile.png

Adorable! i had my first chick hatch on Saturday and another hatched today. the second one is still in the bator drying so i put a feather duster in with chick #1. AND i go in and hold it alot! it seems to stay warm in my hand and falls asleep.

good luck with your babies. i am having sooo much fun!

Back
Top Bottom