It's finally happening. Our Peggy is finally well enough to get another hen to keep her company. We first bought our little 7-month old Australorp a little over a month ago. As it turns out, she was in pretty bad shape; she was stressed, lice-ridden and suffering coryza*, and that was just the start. We decided to wait until she was better before adding any more chickens. Now Peggy's healthy enough for company. Mum's found a trustworthy breeder willing to give us a hen; we're thinking an Orpington girl of about the same age. What should we do to ensure things go smoothly? Is there anything we can do to ensure they bond quickly? *There's a good chance Peggy will be spreading coryza to the new girl. Coryza, while maintainable (with fairly mild symptoms), is chronic and can't be cured. As such, we've decided to keep our flock small and closed, using them solely for the eggs and no trading/shows/etc. We've already prepared the medicine for the new chicken and are prepared to nurse her back to health as she gets over the worst of it.