1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My first chicks and my first post!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chucky'sclucky, Mar 12, 2009.

1. chucky'sclucky

chucky'sclucky New Egg

Feb 23, 2009
    I took the kiddo's to the local breeder today and picked up 7 little peepers.
    I had planed on buying ones that we could harvest eggs from and then eat the meat at the end of the summer. After talking to the man there I decided to let each kids pick there own and get a couple cornish cross for meat. The oldest picked Araucana and so the middle kiddo followed suit then the baby wanted what they had that made 3. Then our oldest decided we needed more than one kind of egger so we picked up 2 wyandottes. But now I'm thinking we need to go back and double what we picked up:) Guess I caught the fever. Think hubby did too he wants to use the very full shed as a coop. I want to say thank you to you all as I have been lurking around for sometime and have and will continue to learn from you all THANK YOU [​IMG]
    -D-

2. meezermom

meezermom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2009
    Roy WA
    [​IMG]

I didnt think it was possible either [​IMG] and my husband caught it too...
    so we have incresed our little flock, and I hope to add more later this month [​IMG]

3. newchickmom

newchickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    Lafayette, Indiana
    [​IMG]

4. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's over for you now.. Your addicted to chicks [​IMG] Go back and pick up about 20 and that should keep you ok until about a month later then you'll have to get more [​IMG]

And [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  5. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Woohoo love them chickens!!! Welcome from North Carolina!![​IMG] [​IMG]

6. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    [​IMG]

7. Hello & [​IMG] Congrads on your lil fuzzybutts ! [​IMG]

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Hello and welcome from South Carolina! Might as well start looking at incubators, too!

9. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Happy to meet you! Glad you're here!! [​IMG] Hope you enjoy our company!! [​IMG] WELCOME to BYC!!!

10. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Welcome from another newbie...warning, this place is about as addictive as the chickens themselves...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by