My first chicks arrived today!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SycolinWoodsChickens, May 20, 2010.

1. SycolinWoodsChickens

SycolinWoodsChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    We got our first order of chicks today. Love my new babies but we've already lost one and it looks like we might lose another tonight. [​IMG]

Here they are in the box after I picked them up from out Post Office.

[​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

They are adorable! Sorry about the loss of one of you little ones though. [​IMG] Enjoy them! They grow soooooo fast! [​IMG]

3. micaheart

micaheart Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    They are so cute. I am so sorry about your loss. That is so hard. Watch them carefully and make sure that each and everyone has a drink (make sure you dip their beaks in the water). Make sure they don't have "pasty butt". Every once in awhile some need a little extra TLC. Good luck.

4. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Oh, I kept reading after the picture, and I didn't see the line separating your post from your signature line, and I thought at first that you were listing what came in the box, til I saw 7 beagles, and then I was like [​IMG] , and I had to go back and reread it! Oh, boy I was sitting here for a moment trying to figure out if it was a mispelling, or some new breed of chicken! Lordy it's late and I need to go to bed now! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BTW, congrats on the new babies, they are precious! If they seem lethargic offer them a little sugar water and they should perk back up. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by