My first chicks, I finally got pictures :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fuzz, May 17, 2009.

1. fuzz

fuzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2007
    Ohio
    I am having a blast with these chickees, they are all doing well, especially today and I am handling them alot and they are GREAT at being flipped over and they just lay there. Iago the blue silkie is my favorite. She fell asleep the other day in my hand and she is the most affectionate. Enjoy! Oh they also had their first worms today I am pretty sure they are 5 days. They were halirous and enjoyed tug o war with the earth worm and Iago is a pig and only wanted to take the worm when the others had it. The sultans were pretty clueless until Asha figured it out at the end and got the last worm after an exhausting game of tag with everyone in the brooder.

This is Iago and Jafar. These two are both silkies they are only 3 days old here. They are 4 or 5 days old today. Iago is the parrot in Aladdin and well you know who jafar is. Iago is the Blue one and Jafar is the black one. Arent they CUTIES?!

[​IMG]

This is Jafar the black silkie with one of the Sultans I think the sultan is Ashakiran and I call her Asha which means Ray of hope in India because we dont know if this sultan will make it.
    [​IMG]

This is my "roo" or so I think. His name is Rajah which is the lion from Aladdin and I think he is going to be a roo but I cannot tell the genders yet as they are too young and small. (Sultan)

[​IMG]

This is Asha or Rajah its hard to tell in the pictures but easy when I see them outside of pictures [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its the fluffy gang!
    [​IMG]

Definately Asha that is showing her face [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The silly Asha again

[​IMG]

Ooh its Rajah!
    [​IMG]

Cant tell the sultan but its Iago next to it [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jafar wants to pose for you [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh Jafar and Rajah, Team up :hooray:

[​IMG]

2. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    SO CUTE!!! [​IMG]

3. Terry

Terry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2008
    Lexington,NC
    Absolutely ADORABLE!
    congrats [​IMG]

4. fuzz

Aug 4, 2007
    Ohio
    Thank You, I am just so happy I have them and they are just the cutest. I am so glad I found this forum, btw I heard it was in an Ohio newspaper a few weeks ago. But I've been on here way longer even if I havent posted much but I have been soaking up information and I couldnt have done it without the help of the members here. Thanks [​IMG]

5. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    They are so cute. Silkie babies are the sweetest.

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  6. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    Love those babies!!! Have fun!!!! and Congrats!!!

7. fuzz

Aug 4, 2007
    Ohio
    Quote:The silkies have GREAT Personalities!!

The sultans are a little more timid but Im not worried about them haha!

Thank you!

8. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Wow first chickies and already fell for the Evil Silkie Spell? lol

Those are great pics! Thanks for posting! Your grass is LOVELY!

9. fuzz

Aug 4, 2007
    Ohio
    Quote:Thank you and I think I might have, Jafar hasnt fooled me though. Poopin on my hand and pecking at everyone [​IMG]

10. fuzz

Aug 4, 2007
    Ohio
    Quote:Thank you and I think I might have, Jafar hasnt fooled me though. Poopin on my hand and pecking at everyone [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by