My first chicks - Wyandottes

primalchick

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 1, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I picked up my chicks today :) I was going to go through a hatchery with a friend (you have to order 25 through the hatchery up here) but she backed out on me. So I ended up going through a local breeder instead, which I think I'm glad I did! She was wonderful and even gave me a care package, plus I got to see a chick hatch in her incubator!

Mine are 2 weeks old, not day olds, so not quite as perfectly cute and fluffy but still pretty cute. I got 10 of them, 5 GLWs and 5 SLWs. They are straight run so it'll be fun to see which are pullets and which are roos!

GLW#1

GLW#2 (my favorite of the GLWs...such a sweetie! I hope she's a pullet!)

GLW#3

GLW#4

GLW#5.....I think this one might actually be a SLW?

SLWs next post :)

They are adorable :D I'm so anxious for this month to be over after seeing everyone's chicks :D (I have some egg in a n incubator that are due at the end of this month and am getting impatient) :)

They are adorable :D I'm so anxious for this month to be over after seeing everyone's chicks :D (I have some egg in a n incubator that are due at the end of this month and am getting impatient) :)

Oooh fun!! While I was at the breeder's she had some hatching today in an incubator! So I got to see one hatch, so fun :) I'd love to do that one day too! Now I'll be waiting for your updates!

Ahh I just got 5 GLW and 4 SLW they are just gorgeous birds and can't wait till they are all grown to intergrate into the flock!

They are gorgeous all grown up aren't they? I got to meet my chickies' parents and they are so beautiful! Quite friendly and docile too. I really want to find some of the BLR ones but nobody up here seems to breed them :p

Back
Top Bottom