My First Coop is Complete!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by peepswiththepoof, May 30, 2010.

1. peepswiththepoof

peepswiththepoof Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Rougemont, NC
    My husband and I have finally finished our first chicken coop/our first building project! Check it out! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    oooooh! Very nice!! A big [​IMG] to you and DH!!

3. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Very nice! How many chickens do you have?

4. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Looks great! Nice job!

5. peepswiththepoof

May 19, 2010
    Rougemont, NC
    Thank you, thank you! We have eight chickens in the coop right now, but four of them will be going to a new home shortly. I also have four brooding right now, so it will make a total of 8 Silkies!

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Very nice job!! Congrats to you and your DH!!!

VERY nice landscaping, too, abutting the run.

7. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Peeps with the poof....I got the 3 blue silkies from you a couple weeks ago!!!! They are doing awesome by the way, I will take pictures. Your coop is awesome, i got to see it when your DH caught the bigger chick for me [​IMG] I am so tempted to get your Polish I seen your ad on craigslist but OMG i just fixed a pen for those chicks and am in progress on a tractor for the big silkies i recently got and they need a better residence. lol.

Small world [​IMG]

8. peepswiththepoof

May 19, 2010
    Rougemont, NC
    Ahhh, what a small world it is! I'm glad to hear they are doing well! [​IMG] Let me know if you're interested in the Polish...I lowered the price on them today in order to find them a new home ASAP. I love them, but I LOVE my Silkies even more! [​IMG]

9. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

I am a chicken aholic, like i told you between me and my neighbor there are about 50 chickens, but the 20 chicks only about 10 we are keeping, the other 10 are roo's and will be going soon.

My 3 baby silkies I got from you are "fuzzybutt", "Topsy", and "Peeps" as my 5 yr old dubbed them on the drive home. My 3 big ones I got right after them are "Peanut", "Clyde", and "Daisy" they are 2 buff hens and black roo.

I doubt I'll get the polish even though I've had them before and adore tophats, at the moment I have absolutely no where to put them. How many you have? I may know someone who'll want them though.

10. peepswiththepoof

May 19, 2010
    Rougemont, NC
    Love the names - very cute!

I only have 2 of them...if you do know someone that wants them, I'll throw in a couple of Cochin Bantams for free! [​IMG] They need a new home...a good home at that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by