My First Coop....(with pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Masonic Chicken, May 8, 2009.

1. Masonic Chicken

Masonic Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2009
    Vernon/Bonifay, FL
    I built a Coop too, but I gotta be honest I don't like it, it's to hard to clean out, and I built it before I read up on them...Otherwise it would be a floor model so I can WALK in and clean it, instead of CRAWL in and clean it. [​IMG]
    I figured when I added the side swinging door that I would be able to do it fairly easily...however...as you can guess by now, soon enough I will build the brooder I actually want, or if I find an old building, I may bring it over and use it. I don't know, we shall see.

Here's the pictures anyways.

Also a couple of the chicken's...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any idea as to what breed or sex these big white ones are? They were given to me...so I took them , they still lay big brown eggs. At least one of the 5 does anyway. They seem VERY old...I am gonna give them to somebody...just gotta find a taker.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Those old white ones are huge!

White rocks... or leftover Cornish X that have lived beyond their years.

I'd think the coop needs a tad more ventilation.... but that's just me.

3. Masonic Chicken

Masonic Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2009
    Vernon/Bonifay, FL
    Quote:It actually does have a good bit, but it is kinda hard to see, it has ventilation on all sides at bottom and in the front of top. I don't notice any smell in there. We clean it once a week as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by