1. High Altitude Chickens

High Altitude Chickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    I finally finished my coop all on my own (husband only had to screw two screws and help me lift one run section). The coop is about 4 x 4 x 4 and is insulated with windows on three sides and 2 exterior nest boxes. Planning on keeping 3 chickens (have 6 right now, at least two are roos and cannot keep). The run is about 16 x 4.5 and 4 feet hide covered with hardware cloth on the sides and welded wire on the top. There is an apron of fencing on all sides just under the dirt. It took about 6 weeks (mostly weekends) and many scratches, bruises and one smashed thumb. I am so glad it is done and my 6 week old chicks are so happy to be in their new home!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    well done [​IMG] but i would put a better lock on the door on out side maybe a slide bolt on it. you could bring it to my house too [​IMG]

3. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    My hat is off to you! You did a great job! I wouldn't know where to start building something.....anything. I admire women who do!

4. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    I really like it ! I guess there is something to be said about girl power LOL. it looks nice and secure. good job!![​IMG]

5. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

mini-fort knox. Just make sure whatever locks you use for doors/nest boxes a 2-3 yr old couldn't undo - if a 3 yr old can a raccoon can [​IMG]

LOVE IT!

6. High Altitude Chickens

High Altitude Chickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    All of the outside doors have the latches where you can put a padlock through. Right now they are secured with carabiners.

7. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Wow, this is really nice. You did a terrific job! I see a blue electrical cord -- what does it power?

Very Impressed -- good going!
    Jenny

8. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    WooHoo!!! [​IMG] Love to see a chick that can build her own coop! Looks great! [​IMG]

9. hellafarms

hellafarms Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by