My first crow!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by klf73, Aug 11, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I heard my first crow today!!! It wasn't from my obvious mutt roosters(10 wks) either, it was from the 1 week old silkieXcochin babies in my dining room. I heard a noise and started laughing. It sounded just like the recording someone put on here a couple weeks ago. I went over to the brooder and sure enough he was all stretched out crowing. It seems like his comb has grown overnight too. I had been waiting for the "big" boys to start anyday, but nothing [​IMG] . So to those of you that had an early "crow", will he do this every day? Dh was trying to figure out what the noise was [​IMG] .
    Krista

2. pixiechick

pixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Jonesborough, TN
    From my limited experience, once they start to crow , they never stop. The ones that started early seemed to enjoy it the most. My young Polish rooster crowed SEVEN TIMES in one minute yesterday!!! [​IMG] But I guess every chicken is different.

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I wouldn't mind, he did it at 9:30, hopefully he keeps that schedule [​IMG] . It was the cutest thing, the other chicks just looked at him funny. This is the second time my "favorite" turned into a roo, and I have only picked 2 favorites so far [​IMG] . My daughter told me I am not allowed to pick a favorite anymore [​IMG]
    Krista

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by