1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

My first crow!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by klf73, Aug 11, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I heard my first crow today!!! It wasn't from my obvious mutt roosters(10 wks) either, it was from the 1 week old silkieXcochin babies in my dining room. I heard a noise and started laughing. It sounded just like the recording someone put on here a couple weeks ago. I went over to the brooder and sure enough he was all stretched out crowing. It seems like his comb has grown overnight too. I had been waiting for the "big" boys to start anyday, but nothing [​IMG] . So to those of you that had an early "crow", will he do this every day? Dh was trying to figure out what the noise was [​IMG] .
    Krista

2. pixiechick

pixiechick Songster

May 23, 2008
    Jonesborough, TN
    From my limited experience, once they start to crow , they never stop. The ones that started early seemed to enjoy it the most. My young Polish rooster crowed SEVEN TIMES in one minute yesterday!!! [​IMG] But I guess every chicken is different.

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I wouldn't mind, he did it at 9:30, hopefully he keeps that schedule [​IMG] . It was the cutest thing, the other chicks just looked at him funny. This is the second time my "favorite" turned into a roo, and I have only picked 2 favorites so far [​IMG] . My daughter told me I am not allowed to pick a favorite anymore [​IMG]
    Krista

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: