my first deformed baby hatched from the bators that lost heat

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
I'm not going to post a pic of the poor little thing, but I just had a quail hatch from the group that lost the temps in them. It has a crossed beak but the left side of it's head is flat and there is no eye socket at all. It's shaking and twitching as it moves around and I don't think it's long for this world but I have to give it a chance. I've never had this happen and I wondered if it could be related to the temperature dropping so far for so long. Another of Charlotte's hatched and is fine, that makes three of hers to hatch. Three more quail are pipping and the first born of them from a few days ago is doing fine. It's painful to watch the little guy but I can't bring myself to kill it, I'm hoping it happens on it's own during the night. If not, I'll deal with it tomorrow or ask someone else to do it for me.

poor little guy. I am hoping it will pull through, or find peace in the next realm. I know how you feel about the issue, I hate to be the grim reaper too...I usually get my hubby to do it if they are suffering too much! good luck, and my heart goes out to the little guy...
love.gif

That is the exact same deformities a chick of mine had a few weeks ago. She lived about a week. Not really sure why she died because she really seemed to be doing good. Yours might just make it. Good luck.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom