1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my first dozen

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChickenMommy, Jul 8, 2007.

1. ChickenMommy

ChickenMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    North East Texas
    Check out my first dozen eggs! My 6 oldest chickens are all laying! The eggs are so yummy! It is so exciting to have them laying. I am getting 3-5 eggs every day!!

[​IMG]

(I edited this to make picture smaller)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    eggcellent!

3. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2007
    They look wonderful. Makes me want a western omlet right now.
    [​IMG]

4. SunnySideUp

SunnySideUp Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2007
    You're eggs are gorgeous! How long did it take to get your first eggs? Can anyone describe how your hens behaved prior to laying? My girls are all just over 4mos and my RIR is just sitting in the coop panting in the heat while the other girls are finding shade and dust baths. Is she getting ready to lay or should I be worried that she's not feeling well?

Thanks in advance!

5. ChickenMommy

Mar 9, 2007
    North East Texas
    Thanks, they sure taste good. Mine were 5 1/2 months old when they started laying a few weeks ago. Their behavior prior to laying was LOTS of bawk bawking and nesting behaviors.

6. ChickenMommy

Mar 9, 2007
    North East Texas
    YEAH! I am getting 6, count them 5, medium to large sized beautiful brown eggs each and every day from my 6 chickens!
    I can't belive that they are laying everyday!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by