My first ducklings what sex? Muscovy

Pics
Mine are messy too, I bought those large heavy plastic trays that washers sit on to place my feeders on that way the food that is dropped in them instead of on the ground which makes clean up easier. As for rats and mice. about all you can do is try and keep the feed areas as clean as possible and not leave them out all night.
Oats are not a complete feed for poultry it's okay to add some to their reg feed but to just feed it and nothing else is depriving them of good nutrients they need. Especially young poultry.
Heavy rubber bowls or heavy plastic ones work well for feeding. They have to be heavy to keep them from being tipped. My birds will turn over a feeder in a split second if they can.

Mine are messy too, I bought those large heavy plastic trays that washers sit on to place my feeders on that way the food that is dropped in them instead of on the ground which makes clean up easier. As for rats and mice. about all you can do is try and keep the feed areas as clean as possible and not leave them out all night.
Oats are not a complete feed for poultry it's okay to add some to their reg feed but to just feed it and nothing else is depriving them of good nutrients they need. Especially young poultry.
Heavy rubber bowls or heavy plastic ones work well for feeding. They have to be heavy to keep them from being tipped. My birds will turn over a feeder in a split second if they can.
Trays sound good, id have to clean them though. Its not just a rat mice problem the wild birds get in too and eat their food. In 2 months it shouldnt be a problem ill be moving hopefully going to encase them in a big walk in run. Ill try look into different food containers. I kmow oats not a full meal, i need the oats gone but they been opened for almost a year now, they free range the chickens do, not on the lay either its autumm now. The chickens so fussy too, they wont eat most scraps i give them too. Maybe need to cut them up smaller pieces im thinking. Should have introduced more variety of food when they all babies. Going and homing an older hen to teach them maybe an idea later on, guess they wont be free ranged soon though maybe no point. I love them but i like the quails their housing needs to be rat proof, i got so much mesh to put them in 4x4 rat proof enclosure soon. Rabbits i got 3 weeks ago too, going to mesh the floor area dont want to worry about them digging. The ducks will live with the chickens still, maybe if i got some girls they can have their own run one day, have to save for more mesh then but anyway it all work in progress. They not dead and semi happy so not to stressed over them all

They do sound like drakes. I hope you still have a place for them. 2 drakes without females will get along. You'll just have to watch they don't go after your hens. They sure are friendly you have taught them well.
I went down coast and picked a girl up for them, shes 6 months old and oww so tinier compared to the boys. Her personality is weird to me, shes very submissive. One the ducks has a lifted claw nail on his foot and is scared of her so not worried about fighting. She looks so cute, need a bath though. When daylight comes throwing her in the water. Not sure if it was the best decision but she was hand raised so its easy for me to pick her up but she shows no fear of the boys at all or me, shes following them around. So yh shes weird duck lol. Suggestions for names? Tobius and Zadok r the boys name since birth youth. Hows your animals going?

She’s very be pretty! Precious tiny chick too.
Yh she should settle in soon. I picked up up this morning feed her on my lap. Have to get her use to being handled, patted :) the boys arent really hassling her shes walking away when they grabbing at her neck wings

2 drakes and one female is really going to be hard on her. I hope your looking for more females.
Shes running away from them now, they to fat to chase her lol im putting her on the perch at night so they cant harass her before bed, grabbing her wing and neck. I dont think theyve fertilized her, they dont know what they doing. The fully white one has an injuried foot claw nail
I might sell one of the boys, and just keep 1 girl and boy later on. They do eat a lot, i love them but ill try find the boy a good home possibly

Back
Top Bottom