My first Easter Egger--Waiting for first green egg...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chicksgalore, Aug 2, 2008.

1. chicksgalore

chicksgalore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Carmella is a little over 5 months now and I'm still eagerly anticipating my first "green eggs and ham". Are these girls late bloomers?

2. Sunflower

Sunflower Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Berryton, KS
    Hi there, I have the same thing going on here, my Hazel is an Easter Egg chicken but hasn't laid her first egg yet that I'm aware of. My little banty hens are laying and my brown leghorn has laid her first two as well. Hazel has not. We got her on 3/20/08 and she was just a few days old. So she is over 4 months old.

3. chicksgalore

chicksgalore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    I got my Barred Rock at the same time and I'm pretty sure she has started. I found one out in the middle of their field one day so I'm thinking that was her, plus I had a tiny one in the coop shortly after that. I keep looking around the field for the green one, but so far, to no avail!

4. coopy

coopy Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2008
    I have a hen that lays light green eggs. I had never seen a green egg until she layed one. She sure isn't the prettiest hen in the pen but she sure lays pretty eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by