my first ebay eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Loretta212, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Loretta212

Loretta212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Meriden ct
    today i got my orders of e bay eggs! very excited that they were all in great condition i must have gotten a little to excited because i broke one! and go figure it was a double yoke what a bummer! hoping the hatch turns out good!

2. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    yayy! Congrats!!! Do you know what breeds they are gonna be? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Loretta212

Sep 27, 2011
    Meriden ct
    Lavendar Bantam Cochin eggs and the other was a barn yard mix! just a bunch of different color and sized eggs that will be exciting i know one is an easter egger the egg is green haha other then that no clue what I will end up with

4. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Quote:Congratulations on the eggs. Sorry you broke one ~ but at least it was a double yolk one which rarely hatch or the chicks survive. Good luck on your hatch!

5. gforce07

gforce07 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2011
    I've been thinks about doing that as well, ebay....hmmmmmm

6. curious1969

curious1969 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Northwest Montana
    I bought and sold eggs on ebay for several years and had good transactions for the most part. However, I am very happy to have stumbled across BYC as I have met some wonderful breeders here.

7. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Happy Hatching!! [​IMG]

8. Loretta212

Sep 27, 2011
    Meriden ct
    Quote:I actually just saw that there are auctions and sells here for eggs ! so cool i am addicted already so i am sure i will be looking soon lol

9. curious1969

curious1969 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Northwest Montana
    I don't think there is anything more addicting than hatching and raising birds! At one point in time my bator didn't turn off for two years. I have also found that no matter how many times I see a chick hatching it still has the ability to completely mesmerize me for hours!! In fact I have a batch of eggs hatching today and the waiting is killing me [​IMG]
    Quote:I actually just saw that there are auctions and sells here for eggs ! so cool i am addicted already so i am sure i will be looking soon lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by