My first EE egg!!!!

Jenikate

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire
I have 7 girls that I have had since 1 day old. Got my first EE egg today! It is such a pretty blue! I have been waiting for this for 24 weeks!!!!!!

Congratulations! It sure is a beauty! You should post on the EE's eggs: who laid what thread. Where did you get your girl and what does she look like? I have 5 EE girls from Cackle Hatchery. 2 are laying, and they lay a beautiful vibrant green color. Hoping at least one of the remaining 3 lay blue!

Not sure which girl laid it but I know it is one of two. Either this one...
or this one.....

The only reason I say that is because I checked for eggs (none) and was cleaning out the poop board tray... these two would not stay out of the coop. After I finished and went to rake out the run, they stayed in there. Then I went immediately to clean/ freshen the nesting boxes and the egg was there, still steaming hot ;)

I got my girls from a local breeder/Backyard chicken keeper. Her 12 yr old daughter breeds and raises them as a 4H project. She had beautiful bird and showed me the shells which were gorgeous...though I knew that may have nothing to do with the egg color they will lay, but I was hopeful ;)

Im not familiar with the thread you were talking about...do you have a link to it?

Last edited:
Sure! Here's a link:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...hat-and-who-hatched-from-what/80#post_9773091

We know it's near impossible to predict which hen will lay what color egg, but it's fun to record our experiences! Enjoy your pretty blue eggs! Oh and I especially like that second little girl you've got there, very unique colors. I betcha it was the first one that laid it though, her comb looks redder.
Thank you for the link, I just posted there!
Also, I should not that those pics are not up to date...they both have BIG RED combs now..actually, all my girls do...any day now I hope to find more than one at a time!

Oh, I see
wink.png
I did think her comb was awful small to be laying lol but I've seen stranger...

Well one of my other EE's laid her f irst egg this morning and this one was just a cream color... More like a very very pale tan. Interestingly though this one has a much different comb than the other three. I wouldn't really say it's a single comb but it's nowhere near as prominent and "Bulbous"as the rose comb on the other three. I had read somewhere that a single comb is more likely to lay cream for brown colored eggs.... Wonder if there's any truth in that?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom