My first egg has hatched!

Bryce Thomas

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Im so excited! Will it hurt if I take it out of the incubator for a minute or too to make sure its ok or should I leave it in the incubator. Its 11 at night right now and I get up at 6 in the morning. It will be OK in the incubator, right?

Congratulations for your hatch! Leave it there, it will be fine. I always leave in the incubator until morning my chicks that hatch late;)
Thank you so much!!! I have 4 tiny little depressions in the incubator that you fill up with water, only half an inch deep, im afraid the little guy is going to be so weak his head will fall in there and drown, only way to get the water out is by opening the lid, what should i do!?

Yes. I have 9 eggs, and because the incubator is really small, there was not a lot of room for it to walk around in. I have 8 of them that are going to hatch in the next 3 days, the 9th one was only 4 days old. I sacrificed the 9th one by taking it out so the chick could have some room to walk around in

Yes, I forgot to mention they have a sponge socket where you wet it 2 times a day and place it back in there. The sponge alone already gives enough humidity but the water sockets are just for if you feel the sponge just isn't enough, looking at all the condensation with the sponge I think the sponge is just fine

No I don't, it was rather cheap but it has 4.8 stars and everything, and the chick in there is doing just fine, and when it hatched the membrane was all moist and stuff so I think its alright

Back
Top Bottom