My first egg- No Shell

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jax-bean, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Jax-bean

Jax-bean Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]

So today my 23 week old Koekoek ( similar to a barred rock) layed her first egg. I wasnt home but my sister was feeding the pucks treats and Daisy didnt come out the coop. When i got home home about fifteen minutes later i went to go check the nest box and found what looked like someone cracked a shell-less egg in the nest. Do you think it had a membrane and someone broke it and ate some? Or can they lay first eggs with no membrane or shell?
    Any comments would be appreciated:)

2. samas

samas Out Of The Brooder

i think they must have ate it ,my pigeons and chickens layed eggs and becoz the hens dont sit on it i would put it under the pigeons for them to hatch,one day i walked into the loft and found my chickens eating all the eggs both pigeon and chicken eggs and all that was left looked exactly like your pic so i moved my pigeons to the top of the loft and put the hens eggs in with im pigeons

3. Jax-bean

okey dokes:) thanks so much! I just just watched my other girl lay her first egg!! its perfect and so beautiful[​IMG]
    sooooo HAPPY. Go Daffodil

4. Jax-bean

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. samas

samas Out Of The Brooder

oh cool congrats it looks healthy and strong or should i say hard anyways[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by