1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MY FIRST EGG ON CHRISTMAS EVE!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Wattles, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Wattles

Wattles Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    WOW!!! I GOT MY FIRST EGG TODAY!!! Lucy finally did it - and on Christmas Eve no less!! I'll post pics of it later in the First Egg Photo section.

WOOHOOOOO!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tara

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    It seems like Santy is bringing eggs to a lot of good girls and boys this year. Congratulations

3. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Congratulations!!! SEE if you are good Santa will bring you presents!!

Merry Christmas
    Randy and Brenda

4. dsegel

dsegel Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2007
    Good going! I got my first eggs today, too! I know how you feel. Best Christmas present ever, huh? [​IMG]

Denise in SW PA

5. Wattles

Wattles Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks everybody! Wow - Denise, that's quite a coincidence! How old are your girls? Mine are 18 wks old this week - they were born Aug. 22 (a date that's easy to remember - it's my birthday [​IMG] ) It was my Speckled Sussex who laid - what breeds do you have? I think it's soo cute that we received our first eggs on Christmas Eve - it's the best gift I could have received. It just fills me with such delight that the very chicken I cradled in my hand as a tiny chick a few months ago laid her first egg for me today.

As if getting my first egg weren't enough, I received another great gift today - the back issues of Backyard Poultry magazine I had ordered arrived today too! What a great Christmas this is for me this year [​IMG]

Merry Christmas everybody!
    Tara

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  6. gmc

gmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2007
    Clay City, KY
    O my gosh, what a chirstmas present!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by