My first Egg sell!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Darklingstorm, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Darklingstorm

Darklingstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2011
    Durant, Oklahoma
    My hubby works with a lot of people and I asked him to tell everyone that I have some eggs to sell. The eggs are small but will get bigger. I sold 2 dozen for $2.00 a piece. My hubby's boss (who bought the eggs) said that no one in his area has any fresh eggs to sell and will be back to get more.

I know there are others in my area selling them, but you have to go through a lot of red tape to sell eggs at farmer's markets here in Oklahoma, so unless you know someone then you can't find any.

As soon as all my girls get to laying (9 total) then I'm going to hang a sign out front to sell them (no red tape for selling at home); this is of course if I don't already have a customer bass.

Might just have to build a bigger coop after all [​IMG]

2. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] ....I ended up getting a customer base...now in the summer with all this heat i am lucky to get 9 eggs out of 15 layers per day in the fall they will be coming out my ears....(i will have even more laying by then) good luck its so much fun [​IMG] might i suggest eggcartons.com for when you might start needing them [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
  3. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    I have 16 pullets, all about to lay for the first time in the next 2 weeks...one,any day now...I have had people saving cartons for me for a year
    (Last year my 9 pullets, ended up being 9 roosters....!) so they have been waiting a long time for eggs now!

You can give 5 cent discounts etc...for people who return their cartons to you also!

4. Darklingstorm

Darklingstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2011
    Durant, Oklahoma
    Quote:Thank you for the website, I will be ordering my cartons from them.
    I'm averaging 6 eggs a day, not bad for 9 chickens. Now if only my duck would get busy, I already have someone who wants those eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by