1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MY FIRST EGG!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickflick'92, Jan 21, 2009.

1. chickflick'92

chickflick'92 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2008
    New York
    YAY!! I'm so happy that I got my first egg. Guess where I found it...laying ontop of the GARBAGE in my barn lol. I have nests but I guess they don't want to use them. I'm guessing my BR layed the egg since it was roosting in my tack room near it. It surprised me but its too bad the egg froze [​IMG] Oh well. Here's a pic
    [​IMG]

2. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    WOW cool for you! Congrats! [​IMG]

3. gkeesling

gkeesling Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Hagerstown, IN
    how old was the Barr Rock when she laid the egg. Mine are about 12 weeks old right now. I was expecting them to start laying around 20 weeks.

4. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

You can try putting golf balls in there nest. You can defrost it and feed it back to them.

5. chickflick'92

chickflick'92 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2008
    New York
    Quote:Well it's winter here and my chickens are 5 months and 6 days old. I'm not sure how many weeks that is but I tried a lot of ways to make them lay. [​IMG]

6. Farm Frenzy

Farm Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    Yay!! I got my first egg this morning too. Ony 17 more girls left to start laying... Do I look too excited to you?
    [​IMG]

7. sillybirds

sillybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    California
    Congratulations ChickFlick'92 on your first egg!

Congrats Farm Frenzy too!

8. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

chickflick'92 :

YAY!! I'm so happy that I got my first egg. Guess where I found it...laying ontop of the GARBAGE in my barn lol. I have nests but I guess they don't want to use them. I'm guessing my BR layed the egg since it was roosting in my tack room near it. It surprised me but its too bad the egg froze [​IMG] Oh well. Here's a pic
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/13104_1st_chicken_egg.jpg

The look on your hen's face in that pic is priceless! She is looking at that like "Did I do THAT?"​

9. vermontgal

vermontgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats on the first eggs!

10. vicky

vicky Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Quote:HAHAHAHA! Priceless!!

I'm so glad I live somewhere hot. It hardly even drops below 15C in winter here. I don't think I could stand frozen eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by